Jayson is a professional martial arts instructor, mixed martial arts fighter, World Class grappler, nutrition and strength & conditioning specialist. His commitment to helping every student improve their lives, both inside the academy and out, stems from a lifelong dedication to training martial arts and his passion for life. Jayson started training martial arts at age 4 and in high school he discovered wrestling which sparked his competitive drive. He has fought in the World Extreme Fighting Championships, Cage Warriors, and Combat fighting Championship just to name a few. Jayson is a 1st degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Ricardo Liborio, a member of the US Grappling World Team, FILA Pankration Submission World Champion, and a Black belt in Taekwondo with over a decade of experience in Muay Thai Kickboxing. He won the lightweight Pro Division at the 2009 Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) North American Trials and was one of 16 grapplers worldwide to compete at the ADCC World Championships in Barcelona, Spain. He wrestled at the University of Central Florida where he was a 2x All American (helping UCF win 2 National Championships) and earned a degree in Social Science Education. His accomplishments include:
- 2017 US Grappling World Team Trials Champion
- 2014 FILA Pankration Submission World Champion
- 3rd place IBJJF No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu World Championships Black Belt 2014
- 2014 US Grappling World Team Trials Champion
- FILA Grappling World Championship No-Gi Bronze Medalist 2013
- FILA Grappling World Championship Gi Bronze Medalist 2013
- 2nd place IBJJF No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu World Championships Brown belt 2012
- 3rd place IBJJF No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu World Championships Purple belt 2009
- Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) North American Trials Champion 2009
- Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) Veteran 2009
- US Grappling World Team Trials Gi Champion 2013
- US Grappling World Team Trials No-Gi Champion 2013
- 4x Naga No-Gi Expert division Champion 2005-2012
- 4x Naga Gi division Champion 2005-2012
- 2x Copa America Gi Champion
- 2x Copa America No-Gi Expert division Champion
- America’s Cup Jiu-Jitsu Champion 2005
- 2x NCWA Wrestling All American 2004-2005
- 2x NCWA Wrestling Conference Champion
- 2nd Place Florida Wrestling State Championships 2001
- 5th Place Florida Wrestling State Championships 2000
- 2x Disctrict Champion and Regional Champion
- Jayson Patino – Wikipedia
Marcio Pimentel has dedicated his life, first, as a Judo and Jiu-jitsu athlete and currently as an instructor of the martial arts and a high level conditioning coach. He began training in Judo when he was 7 years old and Jiu-jitsu around the age of 20 at Carlson Gracie Academy. He earned his Black Belt in Judo in 1987 and is a 3rd degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Murilo Bustamante.
He graduated with a degree in Physical Education, specializing in training, strength planning and conditioning. The combination of martial arts knowledge and higher levels of education have allowed Master Pimentel to help young students improve their lives both on and off the mat.
Summary of Professional Achievements:
- Trained world-renowned athletes such as Ricardo Libório (ADCC), Murilo Bustamante (UFC), Flávio Canto (athlete Atlanta 1996 and Athens 2004), Leo Leite (Bellator), Erika Miranda (London 2012 Olympic athlete and Rio 2016) Kyra Gracie (BJJ World Champion and ADCC), Pedro Rizzo (UFC), Marcio “Pé de Pano” Cruz (UFC), among others.
- A member of the Brazilian Academy of Trainers
- Received the degree of specialization from the Federal Council of Physical Education (CONFEF), which approved the following institutions: Olympic Solidarity, Brazilian Olympic Committee, Federal Council of Physical Education – CONFEF, Brazilian Judo Confederation – CBJ
Achievements as an instructor:
- Founder of Reaction Institute with Olympic Medalist Flávio Canto and some friends.
- Owner of M.Pimentel Eventos e Promoções, responsible for the Judo of the Marina Barra Club and of the Castelo Branco University Team.
- Lecturer in 1st year Body Planet of physical preparation for fighters.
- Lecturer in the training course in physical training in martial arts at Estácio de Sá University.
- Lecturer in the course of the discipline of Judo, the sports training of the Regional Council of Physical Education (CREF), with the theme of strength training for Judo.
- Trained Erika Miranda – an Olympic athlete, 3 time World Cup Champion and 4 time Pan American Gold Medal Champion
- Physical trainer of MMA athlete Murilo Bustamante. In 2002 Murilo was the 1st Brazilian UFC Champion of the World
- Trained Judo and technical training at Budo University in Japan.
- Most technical athlete award of the Brazilian Championship under 21 years old in Alagoas – Brazil
- State Judo champion ten times
- Brazilian Judo champion five times
- Three time Brazilian Judo Champion.
- Silver Medalist in the South American Judo Championship in Cuenca-Ecuador.
- Participation in the World Judo Universe Championship in Canada.
- Silver Medalist at the Warsaw World Cup – Warsaw, Poland.
- Vice-champion of the Oscar of Jiu-jitsu.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion.
Jenessa “Nessa” Soto started training at American Top Team in 2014. She is currently a Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Bachelor of Science in Sports and Exercise Science, Fall 2017
- 2x Newbreed Gold Medalist
- 2x Newbreed Silver Medalist
- 2x Newbreed Bronze Medalist
- 1x Naga Gold medalist
- 1x Naga Silver Medalist
Will started training at American Top Team in 2008. Will is a Professional Fighter, and he is currently a Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Amateur MMA Record: 9-2
- Professional MMA Record: 1-3
- ISKF #1 ranked 135lb Amateur MMA Fighter in the World
- RFC No Gi Champion
- Sosa MMA Cage Fighting No Gi Champion
- Rival Fight League 145lb Champion
- Real Cage Fighting 145lb Champion
- Breakthrough Mma 145lb Champion
- Breakthrough Mma 135lb Champion
- Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu