Jayson is committed to helping every student improve their lives, both inside the academy, and in life. As a competitor, he learned that self-discipline, work ethic, and smart goal setting can help you achieve anything you want in life. As an instructor and father, he has learned that patience, creativity, and attention to detail can help other’s reach their full potential. Jayson has a passion for self-improvement and helping others reach their goals. Through his years of experience and research, Jayson has written several programs on the proper ways to diet, improve mental strength, set and achieve goals, how to cope with adversity, train for competition, and how to achieve overall happiness.
Jayson’s martial arts journey started in Taekwondo at four years old. He started wrestling in high school and continued at the University of Central Florida where he was a 2x All American (helping UCF win 2 National Championships) while earning a degree in Social Science Education. He began training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the UCF Jiu-Jitsu club in 2004 and later transitioned into fighting professional Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). Jayson trained MMA and Muay Thai Kickboxing for over ten years. Later he shifted his focus to competing in the IBJJF, ADCC, FILA, & UWW World Championships in his quest to be a World Champion.
In 2009 he won the Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) North American Trials and competed at the ADCC World Championships, which are considered the Olympics of grappling. In the IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation) World Championships he medaled in every belt rank he competed at. Then, in 2014 he achieved a life goal by winning the FILA World Championships in Budapest, Hungary. Jayson has also coached several times in the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championships) in different cities throughout the world. He is currently a 2nd degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Ricardo Liborio.
His accomplishments include:
- US Grappling World Team Trials Champion 2017
- FILA Pankration Submission World Champion 2014
- IBJJF No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu World Championships Bronze medalist- Black Belt 2014
- US Grappling World Team Trials Champion 2014
- FILA Grappling World Championship No-Gi Bronze Medalist 2013
- FILA Grappling World Championship Gi Bronze Medalist 2013
- IBJJF No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu World Championships Silver Medalist- Brown belt 2012
- IBJJF No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu World Championships Bronze Medalist- Purple belt 2009
- Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) North American Trials Champion 2009
- Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) Veteran 2009
- US Grappling World Team Trials Gi Champion 2013
- US Grappling World Team Trials No-Gi Champion 2013
- 4x Naga No-Gi Expert Champion 2005-2012
- 4x Naga Gi Champion 2005-2012
- 2x Copa America Gi Champion
- 2x Copa America No-Gi Expert Champion
- America’s Cup Jiu-Jitsu Champion 2005
- 2x NCWA Wrestling All American 2004-2005
- 2x NCWA Wrestling Conference Champion
- Florida Wrestling State Championships Runner-up 2001
- Florida Wrestling State Championships 5th Place 2000
- 2x District Champion and Regional Champion 2000-2001
Marcio Pimentel is a world class intructor that has coached Olympic athletes and UFC Champions. Marcio has dedicated his life, first, as a Judo and Jiu-Jitsu athlete and currently as an instructor of the martial arts and high level conditioning coach. He began training Judo when he was 7 years old and Jiu-Jitsu around the age of 20 at Carlson Gracie Academy. He earned his Black Belt in Judo in 1987 and is a 3rd degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Murilo Bustamante.
He graduated with a degree in Physical Education, specializing in training, strength planning and conditioning. The combination of martial arts knowledge and higher levels of education have allowed Master Pimentel to help young students improve their lives both on and off the mat.
Some of the world renowened athletes Marcio has trained include:
Ricardo Libório (IBJJF & ADCC), Murilo Bustamante (UFC Champion), Flávio Canto (Olympic athlete Atlanta 1996 and Athens 2004), Leo Leite (Olympic athlete & Bellator), Erika Miranda (Olympic athlete London 2012 and Rio 2016) Kyra Gracie (BJJ World Champion and ADCC), Pedro Rizzo (UFC), Marcio “Pé de Pano” Cruz (UFC), as well as many others.
- Most technical athlete award of the Brazilian Championship
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion
- State Judo champion ten times
- Brazilian Judo champion five times
- Silver Medalist in the South American Judo Championship
- Three time Brazilian Judo Champion
- Silver Medalist at the Warsaw World Cup
Will started training at American Top Team in 2008. Will is a Professional Fighter, and he is currently a Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- ISKF #1 ranked 135lb Amateur MMA Fighter in the World
- RFC No Gi Champion
- Sosa MMA Cage Fighting No Gi Champion
- Rival Fight League 145lb Champion
- Real Cage Fighting 145lb Champion
- Breakthrough Mma 145lb Champion
- Breakthrough Mma 135lb Champion
Jenessa “Nessa” Soto started training at American Top Team in 2014. She is currently a Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Bachelor of Science in Sports and Exercise Science, Fall 2017
- 2x Newbreed Gold Medalist
- 2x Newbreed Silver Medalist
- 2x Newbreed Bronze Medalist
- 1x Naga Gold medalist
- 1x Naga Silver Medalist
- Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Brandon “Maui” Pureza started training at American Top Team in 2020. He is currently a Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- 4 years varsity wrestling 3rd at senior districts
- 2 years boxing under Pinklon Thomas
- 2 1/2 years Jiu jitsu -Silver and Gold medals in Naga and LeLeo code